Friday, August 10, 2012

It's up to You!

I received a couple of calls and a few emails overnight claiming that I was responsible for the State Board changing their minds and rescheduling the Class B State Tournament.  That is not true.  I have been going to State Board meeting since 1979 and I think that I have helped change some things, but my influence over the last few years has been minimal.  We have covered the same ground so many times that they just won't listen to me anymore.

In fact, the most recent conversation I attempted to have with a Board member, Fred Roufs, ended after my first line to him--he turned, crossed his arms over his chest and stomped away to his chair at the table where the meeting was being held (they were taking a small break).  On his way over he said that he was not talking to me.  As he sat down I thought I heard him saying lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala (I'm not sure about that). 

Anyway, you get my drift.  What happened in the schedule turnabout was that concerned people noticed the deficiencies in the old schedule and did something about it.  They emailed and called the State Board directors. I know, it didn't do much good to email (only about four of them actually get email) but the word got to them and the reschedule was accomplished. 

My point is that if you want something done or changed, you have to get involved.  Contrary to a lot of the things I read on websites and at league meetings, things can be changed if you get involved and voice your opinions to the proper people.  Good job.
Keep it up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment