Friday, May 6, 2011

Rankings for Week of May 6, 2011

Not much has changed in the last week.  Most of the scheduled games from last Saturday and Sunday were cancelled because of the poor weather.  My rankings remain the same, but I have received some input from others around the area that show where I might be wrong or reinforces my original opinion.  Here is a roundup of the St. Cloud area by Tom Elliott: http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2011105010012.  It makes me think that Sauk Rapids and Cold Spring might both be stronger than I thought. 
Here is a ranking of Class B by Chad Wiesner of Rochester:
1.  Shakopee              Two time champ.
 2.  Sauk Rapids          Unseated Cold Spring as top team
 3.  Mankato Twins       Team is solid and each year they add an arm from MSU
 4.  Savage                  Good young talent, should keep getting better
 5.  Miesville                Some losses on Roster, but has pitching depth 
 6.  Cold Spring            Femrite is still an ace, added some good players.
 7.  Dundas                  Pitching is their strong point with some good young hitters
 8.  Coon Rapids          Solid team
 9.  Rochester              Solid pitching and added a great bat, Young guys from Blues.
10. Austin Greyhounds Added depth from Blue sox.. Hitting is their strength.
Did I tell you that I never include Dundas in my ratings because I have been affiliated with them for over 35 years.  No matter what I say, people naturally think that I have a bias toward them, so I just leave them out and let people decide for themselves if Dundas should be rated. 
Jaime Heipel emailed and said that Blaine has as good a team as they have ever had.  I know that he is gung ho and wants to play baseball.  He has been a good addition to baseball in that area.  Good luck to the Fusion. 
My Class C rankings are still the same.  I did receive three emails from Belle Plaine.  They were all good.  It is still too early to change things but I’ll keep monitoring games and rank accordingly.  Most of the leagues are starting now and things will open up by the end of the month with tournaments all over the state.  I will let you know next week about all of the tournaments that have been approved so far.   
I have four Class C advisors lined up and Chad and I will work on Class B with input from Jamie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment